What's Happening in Phase 3
People can take part in smart, safe and respectful travel within B.C. Remember, international travellers returning to B.C. are required by law to self-isolate for 14 days and complete a self-isolation plan
Guidelines for B.C. Travel
Travel is different this year. The precautions you take at home should also be taken when you are away.
Some towns, communities and regions who rely on tourism are eager to welcome B.C. visitors with safety measures in place. Others might be hesitant to welcome outside visitors this summer and people need to respect that.
We encourage British Columbians to be respectful of the communities you plan to visit and be safe as you enjoy the many beautiful locations across our province.
Should I Travel?
When you hit the open roads this summer, you are not leaving COVID-19 behind.
- Consider the health and safety of people in your bubble, and whether you want to take any extra risks
If you decide to travel, take the same health and safety precautions you do at home.
- Wash your hands often
- Practice safe distancing, 2 m
- Spend time in small groups and open spaces
- Clean spaces often
If you are feeling sick, stay home. No exceptions.
If symptoms develop while travelling, self-isolate immediately and contact 8-1-1 for guidance and testing.
What we are doing to keep our staff and customers safe include:
- No passengers may board if they are sick or required to self isolate.
- Encouraging that physical distancing is maintained by customers at all times.
- We are now requiring you have a mask and that it be worn when physical distance can not be provided.
- Asking that you bring minimal gear, necessities only at this time, as the less things you and our driver have to touch, the safer it is for everyone.
- Limiting the number of customers in our office to 1 person.
- Installing plexiglass shields in our office and the land taxis.
- Thorough cleaning and sanitizing procedures in office, on boats and land taxis.
- Taking credit card payments over the phone to limit traffic in the office.
- Unfortunately, washrooms will not be available to the public.